Rally for Medicare for All
📅 July 30, 2022 7:00PM
Saturday, July 30, 2022 at 12 noon Shemanski Park, Portland, OR
Join us in celebrating Medicare’s 57th birthday! Get ready for speakers, music, tabling, and organizing. Our hope for this day is to inspire and help you form connections as you learn and take action in the name of healthcare justice and Medicare for All.
Local artists will be screen printing, so be sure to bring a tshirt! ASL interpreting provided. Masking is encouraged.
MC Rosemary Dodd, Portland DSA
- Richard Bruno, MD - Physicians for a National Health Program, Family Physician
- Christel Allen - Exec. Dir., Pro-Choice Oregon
- Nico Serra - Disability Justice Organizer
- Travis Nelson - RN, BSN, Democratic Party of Oregon leader, labor rep for nurses, House District 44 Oregon State Representative, Nurses for Single Payer board member
- Jaime Rodriguez - President, AFT-Oregon (American Federation of Teachers)
- Sharon Meieran, MD - Multnomah County Commissioner, Emergency Room Physician, Member, Oregon Joint Task Force on Universal Health Care
This is an important political moment. Reproductive rights and gender-affirming care are under attack, and the COVID-19 crisis has further exposed the broken state of healthcare in our country. Medicare for All is the first and necessary step toward solidifying care for all of those currently lacking access. People all over the country experience health inequities on the basis of race, language, income, type of job, immigration status, disability, and gender identity. The time has come for universal, comprehensive, publicly funded healthcare that is free at the point of service. No premiums, no co-pays, no deductibles. Everybody in, nobody out.
Only a grassroots, people–powered movement can win the change we need. Will you join us in our fight for health justice?